From: sara = = @iom.int]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 2:44 PM
To: [a lot of people]
Subject: Call for Volunteer Assistance for METINARO CLOSURE
Please also disseminate this message to all your colleagues.
As you are aware, the closure of Metinaro camp will begin on Tuesday, June 16th. Beginning next week, June 22nd, we are requesting the assistance of colleagues from UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, for the Return Monitoring teams that will accompany the return process of the IDPs back to their communities. Volunteer Monitors can work for the whole week, a few days, or even a single day. Please indicate your preferred day when you answer this email. You do not need to have experience working in the camps to offer your assistance.
The process is as follows:
- Those who wish to volunteer for assistance should email@example.com, stating which organization they belong to and which day(s) they will be available for.
- Once this has been confirmed with you by IOM, Volunteer Monitors will report to the Monitoring tent (located on the main road before the turning to the cemetery on the map).
- Each monitor will be assigned a truck number, and must remain in the Monitoring Area waiting to be called in.
- As trucks are being called into the camp to assist a family or families, the Monitor team leader will call a Monitor to join his/her truck.
- While the trucks are being loaded by the family/families, Monitors must ensure that the following forms are completed in conjunction with the family/families:
1) Voluntary Return Form
2) Destination List Form
(These forms will be explained in more detail upon arrival at the Monitoring tent.)
- The Monitor will accompany the family/families in the trucks to the food distribution point, liaise with IOM staff there, and then continue the journey to the family/families’ destination.
Should there be any problems/issues upon arrival, the Monitor will contact a member of the Return and Reintegration team immediately. (Numbers to be provided in a contact card.)
- The Monitor then returns to the Monitoring tent with the truck, and awaits further assignment.
- If you are UN and have access to a radio, please bring it, and include your call sign in the email.
- If you cannot ensure your own transport to and from Metinaro, please indicate so in your email.
- Please bring your own lunch.
Please respond as soon as you can so we can draw up an assignment list for next week. This email will be translated soon and disseminated again.
Thanks and best regards,
Sara Ferro Ribeiro
International Organization for Migration - IOM
ph: +670 731 1580